To The Land
(more than just ‘the view’ )
I am drawn to the land,
To the hills, quarries, fields & woods.
I am drawn to the old stone flags that line the footpaths.
I am drawn to the dry-stone walls that mark the boundaries of fields and the life that grows there.
I am drawn to thoughts about the creation of these things,
To the men who cut out the stone, who shaped it, who laid it.
I am drawn to coppiced trees.
I am drawn to the defiant weeds that stand proud at the corners of buildings.
I am drawn to the flight of crows going home to roost and the beauty of a fallen feather.
I am drawn to the swifts and swallows that grace the summer skies.
I am drawn to the moths fluttering at the evening light.
I am drawn to the blossom on apple trees.
I am drawn to the history of a more land-based culture.
I am drawn to materials that have had a past life.
I am drawn to walking, a slower pace of life.
I am drawn to simpler things.
Through my work I reflect on these things.
please get intouch for an up to date CV. Thank you.
- MA Art and Environment at Falmouth University
- 09/2010 – 09/2011 Falmouth, UK
- PGCE Further, Higher and Adult Education at Bolton University
- 09/2006 – 06/2007 Bolton, UK
- BA Fine Art (hons) at Manchester Metropolitan University
- 09/2001 – 06/2004 Manchester, UK